The Frances and George (z"l) Katz Family Chair at the Paul Baerward School of Social Work and Social Welfare
2003-2004 Postdoctoral fellow at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Israel (HUJI), Institute of Criminology, and Department of Psychology. Host Prof. Landau and Prof. Greenbaum.
2002-2003 Postdoctoral fellow at the Chapin Hall Center for Children at the
University of Chicago. Host Prof. Daro.
1999-2002 Ph.D., Direct Track, School of Social Work and Social Welfare, HUJI.
1996-1999 M.A., School of Social Work and Social Welfare, HUJI (with honors).
1993-1996 B.A., School of Social Work and Social Welfare, HUJI (with honors).
Awards and Excellence Scholarships
2018 Rector’s prize for excellent researcher and teacher
Appointments at the Hebrew University
2020 Frances and George (z"l) Katz Family Chair at the Paul Baerwald School of Social Work and Social Welfare.
2016 Full Professor, School of Social Work and Social Welfare
2013-2016 Associate Professor, School of Social Work and Social Welfare
2009-2013 Senior Lecturer, School of Social Work and Social Welfare
2005-2009 Lecturer, School of Social Work and Social Welfare
2020 - Member, National Advisory Council for COVID-19, Ministry of Health, Israel
2020 - Member, Steering Committee, Campbell Collaboration Crime and Justice Coordinating Group
2020 - Member, aChord’s Advisory Board (Social Psychology for Social Change)
2020 - Member, ELEM’s Advisory Board (Youth in Distress)
2019 - Member, academic committee, The Halbert Centre of Canadian Studies
2018 - Dean, School of Social Work and Social Welfare, HUJI.
2018 - Member, steering committee, the Center for Disability Studies, HUJI
2018 - Member, steering committee, the Autism Center, HUJI
2017-2018 Head of the Joseph J. Schwartz M.A. Programs, School of Social Work and Social Welfare, HUJI
2017 - Head steering committee “policy of diversity”: part of the “Israeli Hope in the Academia”, HUJI
2016-2017 Visiting Professor, Factor-Inwentash Faculty of Social Work
University of Toronto.
2016- Member, Global Young Academy
2016- Member, The Hebrew University Senate
2015-2019 Member, The Israel Young Academy
2020 Research grant submitted to the European Research Council (ERC), Advanced Grant 2020. The New Face of Discrimination: Minority and Immigrant Youth Experiences of Microaggression and their Effects on Delinquency (3,496580 Euro). Khoury-Kassabri, M.
2018–2020 The Ralph Goldman Center for Judaism, Social Welfare and Ethics.
Forms and Functions of Aggressive Behavior among Israeli Preschool
Children from Different Religious Groups: The Role of Individual and Parental
Correlates. (50,000 NIS). Khoury-Kassabri, M. & Zadok, I.
2018-2020 Israel Ministry of Justice . Policing Juveniles in Deeply Divided Cities: Integrative Treatment of Stones- Throwing among Young Palestinians in East Jerusalem. (318,000 NIS). Hasisi, B. & Khoury-Kassabri, M.
2016 Research grant submitted to the Israel Science Foundation (ISF). Forms and Functions of Aggressive Behavior among Arab and Jewish Preschool Children in Israel. (asking for 111,000$). Khoury-Kassabri, M., Attar-Schwartz, S., & Ajzenstadt, M.
2015 Halbert Centre Research Exchange Program in Canadian Studies, Motivations for Cyber Bullying: A Longitudinal and Multi-Perspective Inquiry
(7,500$). Khoury-Kassabri, M.
2013–2015 Israel Science Foundation (ISF). Juvenile Delinquency and Violence of Arab Youth in Israel: The Contribution of Individual, Family, Peer, and Community Factors. Khoury-Kassabri, M. (59,400$).
List of Publications
Chapters in Collections
- Khoury-Kassabri, M. (2019). Palestinian Arab children involvement in school violence as victims and perpetrators (278-295). In M.M. Haj-Yahia, O. Nakash, & I. Levav (Eds.), Mental health issue of the Palestinian Arabs in Israel. Bloomington, IN: Indiana University Press.
- Massarwa, A., & Khoury-Kassabri, M. (Accepted). Risk and protective factors for Palestinian-Arab youth violence. In Nasser-Abualhija, F. & Israelashvili, M. (Eds.), Education in the Arab Society.
- Khoury-Kassabri, M.PI & Yechieli, T. PI (2020). Teachers' Career Tracks: the relationships between professional and personal development of teacher . In Mikulincer, M. & Parzanchevsky, R. (Eds.), Optimal management of professional development and training in the education system: Status report and recommendation (pp. 71 - 80) Jerusalem: The Israel Academy of Sciences and Humanities.
- Attar- Schwartz, S., & Khoury-Kassabri, M., (2015). Indirect and verbal victimization by peers among at-risk youth in residential care. Child Abuse & Neglect, 42, 84-98.
- Khoury-Kassabri, M., Khoury, N., & Ali, R. (2015). Arab youth involvement in delinquency and political violence and parental control: The mediating role of religiosity. American Journal of Orthopsychiatry, 85(6), 576 – 585.
- Khoury-Kassabri, M. (2016). Masculine and family honor and youth violence: The moderating role of ethnic-cultural affiliation. American Journal of Orthopsychiatry, 86(5), 519.
- Zur, I., Khoruy-Kassabri, M., & Braver, E., (2015). Cyber bullying among delinquent adolescents treated in the juvenile probation service. Journal of Welfare and Society, 36, 33-64. (Hebrew)
- Mishna, F., Khoury-Kassabri, M., Schwan, K., Wiener, J., Craig , W., Beran, T., Pepler, D., & Daciuk, J. (2016). The contribution of social support to children and adolescents’ self-perception: The mediating role of bullying. Children and Youth Services Review, 63, 120 - 127.
- Mishna, F., McInroy, B. L., Lacombe-Duncan, A., Bhole, B., VanWert, M., Schwan, K., Birze, A., Daciuk, J., Beran, T., Craig , W., Wiener, J., Pepler, D., & Khoury-Kassabri, M., & Johnston, D. (2016). Study protocol: Prevalence, motivations, and social, mental health and health consequences of cyberbullying among school-aged children and youth: A longitudinal and multi-perspective mixed method study. JMIR Research Protocols, 10.2196/resprot.5292.
- Attar- Schwartz, S., & Khoury-Kassabri, M., (2016(. The moderating role of cultural affiliation in the link between emotional closeness to grandparents and adolescent adjustment difficulties and prosocial behavior. American Journal of Orthopsychiatry, 86(5), 564 – 572.
- Khoury-Kassabri, M., Mishna, F., & Massarwa, A. (2016). Cyber bullying perpetration by Arab youth: The direct and interactive role of individual, family, and neighborhood characteristics. Journal of Interpersonal Violence, 1-27. doi: 10.1177/0886260516660975.
- Massarwa, A., & Khoury-Kassabri, M.,. (2017). Serious physical violence among Arab-Palestinian adolescents: The role of exposure to neighborhood violence, perceived ethnic discrimination, normative beliefs, and parental communication. Child Abuse & Neglect, 63, 233-244.
- Eseed, R., & Khoury-Kassabri, M., (2018). Alcohol use among Arab Muslim adolescents: A mediation-moderation model of family, peer and community factors. American Journal of Orthopsychiatry, 88(1), 88 – 98.
- Massarwa, A., & Khoury-Kassabri, M.,. (2018). The correlation between indirect violence and parent-child communication among Arab-Palestinian adolescents: Gender as moderator. Social Work Research. https://doi.org/10.1093/swr/svy019.
- Fass, N. M., Khoury-Kassabri, M., & Koot, M. H. (2018). Associations between Arab mothers’ self-efficacy and parenting attitudes and their children’s externalizing and internalizing behaviors: Gender differences and the mediating role of corporal punishment. Child Indicators Research, 11(4), 1369-1387.
- Khoury-Kassabri, M., & Schneider, H. (2018). The relationship between participation in physical activity programs, and self-reported antisocial behavior among youths at risk. Child and Adolescent Social Work. DOI 10.1007/s10560-017-0528-y
- Attar- Schwartz, S., Mishna, F., & Khoury-Kassabri, M., (2019). The role of classmate social support, peer victimization and gender in externalizing and internalizing behaviors among Canadian youth. Journal of Child and Family Studies, 8 (9), 2335–2346.
- Massarwa, A., Khoury-Kassabri, M., & Eseed, R., (2019). The correlation between delinquent peers and perpetration of serious physical violence: Religiosity as a protective factor. Child Indicators Research, 12 (6), 2051-2065.
- Khoury-Kassabri, M. (2019). Arab youth involvement in violence: A socio-ecological gendered perspective. Child Abuse & Neglect, 93, 128-138.
- Khoury-Kassabri, M., Blit-Cohen, E., Shenhav-Goldberg, R., & Mishna, F. (2020). Social Worker’s use of informal information and communication technology in Israel. Social Security, 110. (Hebrew)
- Khoury-Kassabri, M., Zadok, I., Eseed, R., & Vazsonyi, A. T. (2020). Individual and familial factors as mediators and moderators of young children’s aggressive behavior. Children and Youth Services Review, 105428.