Homelessness, student homelessness, refugees and asylum seekers, displacement, school social work, social work and education.
PEER-REVIEWED JOURNAL ARTICLES
1. Moore, H., Benbenishty, R. Astor, R.A., & Rice, E. (2018). The positive role of school climate on school victimization, depression and suicidal ideation among school-attending homeless youth. Journal of School Violence, 17 (3), 298-310
2. Guerrero, E.G., Moore, H., Pitt-Catsouphes, M. (2018). Developing a scientific framework for social work doctoral education in the 21st Century. Research on Social Work Practice (in press). DOI: 10.1177/1049731517709077.
3. Capp, G.P., Benbenishty, R., Moore, H., Pineda, D., Astor, R.A., Castillo, B., De Pedro, K.M. (2017). Partners at learning: A service-learning approach to serving public school students from military families. Military Behavioral Health, 5 (3), 226-235. DOI:10.1080/21635781.2017.1295002
4. De Pedro, K. T., Pineda, D., Capp, G., Moore, H., Benbenishty. R., & Astor, R. A. (2017). Implementation of a school district-wide grassroots antibullying initiative: A school staff and parent-focused evaluation of Because Nice Matters. Children & Schools, 39, 137-145. DOI: 10.1093/cs/cdx008
5. Berkowitz, R., Moore, H., Astor, R.A., & Benbenishty, R. (2017). A research synthesis of the associations between socioeconomic background, inequality, school climate, and academic achievement. Review of Educational Research, 87, 425-469. doi:10.3102/0034654316669821
6. Castillo, B., Moore, H., De-Pedro, K., Capp, G., Pineda, D., Astor, R.A. & Benbenishty, R. (2017). An evaluation of the use of educational resource guides for military students in public schools. Military Behavioral Health, 5(2), 172-177. DOI:10.1080/21635781.2016.1272020
7. Schuyler, A. C., Kintzle, S., Lucas, C. L., Moore, H., & Castro, C. A. (2016). Military sexual assault (MSA) among veterans in southern California: Associations with physical health, psychological health, and risk behaviors. Traumatology. DOI:10.1037/trm0000098.
8. Berkowitz, R., Moore, H. & Astor, R.A. (2015). Critical literature review on inequality in education: The effect of rising economic inequality on educational attainment and achievement. Commissioned by The Israel Academy of Science and Humanities (in Hebrew). http://education.academy.ac.il/Uploads/BackgroundMaterials/Hebrew/SESCli...
1. Berkowitz, R., Iachini, A. L., Moore, H., Capp, G., Pitner, R. O., Astor, R. A., & Benbenishty, R. (2017). School climate. In Noblit, G.W. (Ed.) Oxford Research Encyclopedia of Education. New York: Oxford University Press.
2. Pitner, R., Capp, G., Moore, H., Benbenishty, R., Astor, R.A. (2017). Prevention of violence, aggression, and bullying in schools. In P. Sturmey (Ed.) The Wiley Handbook of Violence and Aggression (Volume 3), Hoboken, NJ: John Wiley & Sons Publisher.
3. Iachini, A.L., Berkowitz, R., Moore, H., Pitner, R., Astor, R.A., & Benbenishty, R. (2017). School Climate. In C. Franklin (Ed.) Encyclopedia of Social Work Online (ESWO). New York: Oxford University Press.
4. Pitner, R., Moore, H., Capp, G., Iachini, A.L., Berkowitz, R., Benbenishty, R., & Astor, R. A. (2017). School safety, victimization, and bullying: An overview of violence interventions and monitoring approaches. In C. Franklin (Ed.) Encyclopedia of Social Work Online (ESWO). New York: Oxford University Press.
5. Capp, G. P., Moore, H., Pitner, R., Iachini, A.L., Astor, R. A., Benbenishty, R. & Berkowitz, R. (2017). Promoting school safety: How educators and school leaders can address and prevent school violence and victimization. In Noblit, G.W. (Ed.) Oxford Research Encyclopedia of Education. New York: Oxford University Press.
6. Astor, R. A., Capp, G. Moore, H., & Benbenishty, R. (2016). Lessons from monitoring social emotional learning in Israel and California schools. In Shute, R. H., & Slee, P. T. (Eds.) Mental Health Through Schools: The Way Forward. (pp. 173-186) Hove: Routledge